Whatevers on my mind or in the news. My page your entertainment... talk to ya

Welcome Home

sit up. shut up. read up.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

For What?

As I prepare a full extension lean back in my chair I'm cut short because I'm glued to the seat with MLB.com burned into my monitor. I question what the hell I'm doing with my life. I just voted Ryan Howard as baseballs best hitter and Aaron Rowands face shattering catch as the play of the year. Why? What is the deal with us Philadelphians celebrating individual feats? The Phillies savior Ryan Howard is the National League MVP. Congradulations. Now what? The Mayor whose as dirty as the street he walks on welcomed Ry- Ry at city hall just after the announcement. As much as I love Howard, I would have loved even more the chance to crisen The Cit with it's first playoff game. ANd maybe see him at city hall with a championship trophy in his right arm and the MVP in the other. Where do these accomplishments get us? The MVP hits the go ahead grandslam with 2 out and an 0-2 count late down the final stretch of the season and the Phils blow it. He overcomes food poisoning (prolly a jalepeno) to hit the tying and go ahead pinch hit diggers for what? Rowand saves another dogshit Madison performance for what? FREDex delivers the package but the goods are still dented. A.I. drops 30 a game and watches the playoffs at home. I have a jalepeno pepper burning in my stomach. This ones bad.

No comments: